This Podcast is Part 2 of a Multi-part Series on “My Story” Episode 004
I’m telling my story in hope that you will reflect on yours.
If we can better understand our stories and how we change, maybe we can be more open to change itself.
Are you open to change? I hope so, because…
In Life, Change is the Only Thing that is Constant.
I hope you enjoy the episode. If you have any thoughts, I’d love to hear them. You can reach me at the David Bourne Contact page.
Two new books published in the Spring of 2021 made a huge impact on my life’s direction. (See links below.)
For the previous 11 months I had been writing about the Change Cycle which is a universal principal that’s found in nature, literature, art and religion.
Both of these books blew me away with the parallels to the themes I had been reading and writing about. The author’s insights have shaped how I see the world every day since I discovered them.
- Listen to Part 1 of My Story, where I realize a connection between Tony Robbins’ “Success Cycle” and Joseph Campbell’s “Hero’s Journey Cycle”.
- My discovery of the great depths of the Re-Creation Cycle came while writing in Seth Godin’s Akimbo Workshop “Writing in Community”
- The book The Way of Integrity by Martha Beck came just when I needed reassurance that the Re-Creation Cycle idea was worthy of my pursuit.
- Dante’s Divine Comedy chronicles a four part journey through the Dark Wood, Hell, Purgatory, and Paradise. It’s from the 14th Century.
- The “Four Characters” of Jill Bolte Taylor’s Whole Brain Living book illuminated how our brains create the 4 parts of the mind and self.
- My short podcast on “How the Re-Creation Cycle Helps You Handle Change“.
Download a Worksheet to Explore the Re-Creation Cycle
Click the image below to download this worksheet.
Are You Looking To Make Some Changes In Your Life?
Find out if a more conscious dive into the Change Cycle is a right move for you.
Give me a call and we can talk for 15 minutes to see if coaching could be a good tool for your growth.
Make a Discovery Call with David
Or Take a Hands on Approach with a Worksheet
Download this Re-Creation Cycle Worksheet to walk through the four stages on your own.
Listen to Episode 004 of the David Bourne Show
Podcast (dbshow): Play in new window | Download
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe to this Show at Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Overcast
Find all of the David Bourne Show Episodes here…